Choosing the air purifier that is best suited to you and your family is an important decision to make. Several things need to be considered.
At Aircleaners Australia we have made a conscious decision to not sell low range inferior HEPA standard products or gimmicky air purifiers that use, water, UV etc.
All our units remove particles as fine as at least from 0.1 micron through to 0.003 micron - that's 100 better than a standard HEPA air cleaner.
It is important to understand that 0.3 HEPA standard used by the majority of air purifier manufacturers represents the very lowest standard for an air purifier. Why choose a standard air cleaner that does not eliminate the ultra fine particles - those that we ingest into our lungs and are therefore the most harmful to our health? the ultra-fine particles that are potentially most damaging to us?
So what air purifier do I need? aside from at least a 0.1 micron filter in my air purifier.
- What is the M2 of the room I want to clean?
- What is the reason for needing an air purifier?
some common questions are:
- I need an air purifier as a preventative measure, because the air where we live is heavily polluted?
- I suffer from asthma, allergies sinusitis, bronchitis, will an air purifier help me?
- I have Multi Chemical Sensitivities, is there an air purifier that is suited to me?
- Exposure to Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are making my asthma worse?
- Our family suffers from asthma and allergies can I filter the air passing through my air-conditioning (HVAC) system?
- I’m allergic to a pet, will an air cleaner reduce the high allergen levels from dander in the house?
- I live with a smoker, how can I get rid of the odours and chemicals?
The good news is we can provide you the correct air purifier for nearly every possible airborne pollutant, whether a particulate pollutant or a molecular gas or odour that is causing you harm.
Reputable air purifying units provide the two most important airborne contaminant capture:
- Capture Particulates in the air such as mould spores, dust, dust mites, pollens, dander and allergens
- Gases, Chemicals & Odours – such as:
- offgassing of new carpets
- gas stoves (aldehydes)
- cleaning supplies (voc's)
- house paints (solvents)
- pesticides and wood preservatives
- vehicle exhaust fumes
- new building materials and furnishings (formaldehydes)
- toxic chemicals used in art,photography, printing,etc.
- formaldehyde in new clothes,books,and other products
- carbonless paper,inks,copying machines,and laser printer toner
- second-hand tobacco smoke
Depending on which of the above are a problem, different media or combinations of air cleaning media are often required. The different media are:
- § Granular Activated Carbon (bituminous or coconut shell activated carbon) to capture VOCs from adhesives, cleaning products, diesel, petrol, paints, solvents, perfume, nail polish, hair products etc.
- § Potassium Permanganate to capture the broadest spectrum of toxic gas and odours, for people with multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS) who are at risk of exposure from airborne chemicals.
- § Ammonia removing ammonia based compounds, odours and vapour.
We can advise which of these, or combinations of these will be the most successful in resolving removing the contaminants. Call us on 1300 301 951 and we will be happy to offer no obligation advice from our wide range of options and models.