We can offer several different solutions for the control of odours in both commercial and domestic situations.
Molecular Chemical Control
Complex Air Pollution Issues
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Musty smells
- Cooking odours
- Paint odours
- General indoor air pollution
- tobacco smoke*
- Wild-fire smoke an dhaze
- Smog and industrial pollution
Different situations require different solutions:
This unit is the most advanced gas, chemicals and odour control unit available in Australia, designed to control the following: Vinyl chloride, Trimethylamine, Trihylamine, Trichloroethylene, Sulfur trioxide, Styrene, Skatole, Phenol, Ozone, Nitroglycerine, Methylamine, Methyl vinyl ketone, Methyl sulfid, Methyl mercaptan, Methyl ethyl ketone, Methyl disulfide, Methyl acrylate, Methanol, Isopropanol, Isoprene, Hydrogen chloride, Formic acid, Ethylamine, Ethyl acrylate, Ethyl acetate, Ethanol, Dimethylamine, Diethylamine, Cyclohexanone, Cresol, Chlorine dioxide, Carbon disulfide, Butyric acid, 1.3 Butadiene, Acrylonitrile, Acrolein, Acetone, Acetic acid and many more.
It features alternative cartridge sets to deal with specific chemical or molecular emissions, as follows:
- The uniquely-formulated activated carbon used in the MultiGas media provides higher than standard performance for residential and commercial applications. IQAir's activated carbon is activated for a maximum proportion of micropores. It is these optimised micropores that allow for maximum removal activity at the gaseous pollutant levels typically encountered in home, office and commercial environments. Conventional air cleaners only use gas control media based on a purely physical filtration process, such as activated carbon and zeolite.
- For control of gaseous contaminants with a low molecular weight, such as formaldehyde and hydrogen sulfide, the MultiGas media also contains a chemically active media, called ChemiSorber. This media is made of activated alumina (Al2O3) impregnated with potassium permanganate (KMnO4). This non-toxic media first physically binds selected contaminant molecules and then chemically destroys them through an oxidation process. However, no oxygen or ozone is generated, since the process is media based only.
- It is this unique combination of physical adsorption and chemisorption, which is at the basis of the broad-spectrum gas and odour control capabilities of the GC MultiGas media.
- * Filtration of Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS)
The recommended model for the reduction of higher levels of ETS is the IQAir GC MultiGas. This model contains a HEPA pre-filter and 4 large gas and odour filter cartridges for the effective removal of the gaseous pollutants. In excess of 99% of all liquid and solid particles contained in ETS (incl. tar and nicotine) are removed by the high-efficiency particulate pre-filter. The gaseous mix of pollutants is controlled with a special activated carbon and chemisorbent mix (MultiGas media) to provide the widest possible spectrum for the broad spectrum of chemicals contained in cigarette smoke. Although IQAir offers the very best air cleaning technologies, it is important to be realistic about the filtration of cigarette smoke. If cigarettes are smoked continuously, even the very best air cleaner will only ever be able to reduce the amount of smoke within a room, but it cannot completely eliminate the smell.
- 100% uniquely-formulated activated carbon.
- 100% activated alumina granules (Al2O3) impregnated with potassium permanganate (KMnO4).
- 100% uniquely-formulated activated carbon, impregnated with specific ammonia removal agents. For a full list of chemicalpollutants removed by the IQ Air click here
Blueair air purifiers come with the option of a Smokestop or Odourstop Filter. Made of coconut shell oxygen activated charcoal, these carbon granules will remove gaseous pollutants which are not particles but molecular substances dissolved into the air. These include VOCs (volatile organic compounds), including household paints and other chemicals (Click here for list), cigarette and cigar smoke or other fumes and odours. Granules, rather than compressed sheet carbon, offer much greater surface area and therefore more effective adsorbption levels of dissolved pollutants.
Currently not available.
The Germitrol unit is used in research laboratories where lab technicians require protection from unseen harmful micro-organisms in the air all around them. With the Germitrol , they can have peace of mind knowing they are protected.
G28W is ideal for use in laboratories, public toilets and medical rooms. Customers who have installed Germitrol 28W, (in what they regarded as the most problematic of smelly toilets).....are satisfied that it has worked wonders. Power for the unit can be directed from light fittings, so there is an effective method of controlling the power usage - when the lights are on, the Germitrol wall steriliser is also on. The G28W is ideal as a replacement for or complement to, existing toilet air fresheners that provide scented smell which might camouflage the dangers behind without actually treating the background air quality.
Not available until further notice